Study in Singapore
Universities, Courses, Cost, Visa Details, and Eligibility
Singapore, the 710 square kilometer nation with a population of barely 5 million citizens surpasses its capacity and is today one of the world’s most flourishing countries. It is the Asia-Pacific regional headquarters for most International organizations and is thus a hub of major economic activity. Singapore is home to over 26000 international companies, which in turn translate in to excellent Job opportunities and a brilliant Professional career prospects for students who wish to study in a university in Singapore. Its Strategic location, diverse cultural & ever growing economy gives one all the more reasons to study and live here in Singapore.
Education In Singapore is affordable, and flexible. To study in a university in Singapore will open up your world to many opportunities and horizons you may not have known yet. When looking for a Singapore education consultant, Excellence Education Travels and Tours stands out. Education in Singapore is highly beneficial as post-study options are many. The courses in Singapore and overall education in Singapore is a culmination of academia and practical learning. Post-study work options are made available to students by the universities or the government itself.
At EETT, Singapore has been one of our older clienteles and we stand out as one of the best consultancy in Nigeria. We have been Singapore education consultants for a while now and have made ourselves accustomed with all the finer points of education in Singapore.
Singapore has a diverse cultural & multi-linguist heritage. It has a mixed population of English, Australian, Chinese, Indian, Malay and Eurasians living peacefully in harmony. This synergic blend of ethnic groups offers international students a wide spectrum of choices for living & studying in Singapore. One of the most important reasons to study in Singapore is that the Singaporean Government has plans to make heavy investments in the international education segment, and at 2015 plan to attract over 150,000 students. The Singapore University is one of the oldest and most renowned across the globe. Education in Singapore is a great learning experience that will not only provide you skill but also teach you how to implement it in the real world. As you complete your courses in Singapore, you come out market ready.
If you choose to pursue a MBA in Singapore, you are extremely benefited by the flexible education system here with its dual/combined degree programs.
EETT has come up with some genuine reasons why you can study in Singapore:
- Students who study in Singapore can obtain a foreign university degree, which is accepted worldwide without having to travel to a western country.
- Standard of Living is high with a surprisingly low cost of living.
- Several accommodation options are available on and off campus at universities in Singapore, based on your budget and preferences.
- Widespread network of public transportation allows visitors to travel around with ease. Visitor’s or EZ-link cards’ can be used to avail discounted Travelling.
- Significant numbers of scholarships are offered by Universities in Singapore.
- With a relatively lesser currency exchange rate as compared to western or European nations, education in Singapore is economical, modern & holds value for money.
- Student Pass: You can apply for a Students’ Pass once you have been accepted by a University for a full time study program in Singapore, which also makes you eligible for various other discounts and offers available to students.
- Proximity to Nigeria encourages students to visit home during every academic break , much more frequently than they would from the far west or Europe. Thus to study in Singapore isn’t much different from studying right here at home.
Part-Time Job Prospects
As Singapore is the APAC (Asia Pacific Regional Center) regional Headquarters for most global Organizations, job opportunities are available in abundance here.Universities in Singapore have many programs to help students obtain work opportunities after completing their courses.
International Students are allowed part-time work for up to 16 hours per week during term and full-time during term break period.
Post Study Options
Overseas students pursuing any course in Singapore can apply for a one-year Visit Pass (Long-Term) to ICA, if they wish to seek employment in Singapore.
The Singaporean Government encourages for foreign students to stay and work in Singapore after graduation (government funded institutions). This means immediate job opportunity in various sectors like Banking, Manufacturing, IT and Telecom etc. after the completion of degree.
Singapore possesses a knowledge based driven global economy. Education is the most important factor responsible in shaping Singapore’s economy to what it is today. The medium of education in Singapore is both English and Malay/Mandarin/Tamil which is a major factor contributing to the strength of its education system.
Universities in Singapore offer a wide range of courses from Management, Tourism, Information Technology, Engineering, Tourism, etc. with course durations from 1 to 3 years.
Singapore is home to the prestigious Nanyang Technological University, ranked among the top 100 universities around the world.
International students who wish to study in Singapore need to apply for a Student Pass once he/she has been accepted by an educational institution here to pursue a full time program.
Letter of Acceptance issued by any educational body is valid for 2 weeks. An application for student pass must be submitted to the ICA at least 2 months prior to the date of commencement of the course